NRS-427V Week 4 CLC: Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation [27 Slides + Speaker Notes]
Concepts in Community and Public Health – Environmental Issues and Subspecialties
Grand Canyon University
This is a CLC assignment. The instructor will assign you to a CLC group.
The RN to BSN program at Grand Canyon University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), using nontraditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, specific care discipline, and local communities.
This assignment consists of both an interview and a PowerPoint (PPT) presentation.
Select a community of interest. It is important that the community selected be one in which a CLC group member currently resides. Students residing in the chosen community should be assigned to perform the physical assessment of the community.
1. Perform a direct assessment of a community of interest using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide.”
2. Interview a community health and public health provider regarding that person’s role and experiences within the community.
Interviews can take place in-person, by phone, or by Skype. Complete the “Provider Interview Acknowledgement Form” and submit with the group presentation.
Develop one set of interview questions to gather information about the role of the provider in the community and the health issues faced by the chosen community.
Compile key findings from the interview, including the interview questions used, and submit with the group presentation.
Within your group, create a PowerPoint presentation of 15-20 slides (slide count does not include title and reference slide) describing the chosen community interest.
Include the following in your presentation:
1. Description of community and community boundaries: the people and the geographic, geopolitical, financial, ethnic, and phenomenological features of the community as well as types of social interactions, common goals and interests, barriers, and challenges.
2. Summary of community assessment.
3. Summary of interview with community health/public health provider.
4. A conclusion summarizing your key findings and a discussion of your impressions of the general health of the community.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Trey Hendrickson Womens Jersey