Purpose of Assignment
Discrimination, Workers’ Rights, Americans with Disabilities Act, and
Family Medical Leave all flow from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of
- As you work through this assignment consider how the law
continues to be updated to represent the will of the people, and
consider the role the government has in this process.
Resources: Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce,
Business Ethics, and Global Issues: Ch. 19, 20, and 21; Government
websites dedicated to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family Medical Leave
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including
detailed speaker notes (speaker notes not required for introduction,
conclusion, and reference slides). The speaker notes for each slide
should serve as the text for your presentation.
Address the following:
- Describe the scope of coverage of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of
- Summarize the role of Title VII on businesses and describe how
race, color, and national origin are protected.
- Explain what businesses must do to protect employees against
gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Analyze what protections are afforded by the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) and the liability issues it may cause for
- Assess the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and how it
- Evaluate the elements of the current immigration law.
Cite a minimum of five scholarly references. One peer-reviewed
reference must be from the University Library.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Note: Grades are awarded based upon individual contributions to the
Learning Team assignment. Each Learning Team member receives a
grade based upon his/her contributions to the team assignment. Not all
students may receive the same grade for the team assignment.
SupportingMaterial:Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Immigration, and
Discrimination Presentation Grading GuideLegal Environment of
Business, Ch. 20: Employment Law and Worker ProtectionLegal
Environment of Business, Ch. 19: Equal Opportunity in
EmploymentLegal Environment of Business, Ch. 21: Labor Law and